***Update***
I picked Zachary up from school and his teacher told me that he didn't cry one single time while he was there!!! Yippie for the Mantra! :)
You know, something that you chant to bring you back to center and make you relax?? Well, I don't have one...but my 3 year old does. "Mommy always comes back" is what he now chants on his way to school, waiting for the school bell to ring and while he walks into his classroom. Well, at least today he has a mantra and it seemed to work.
You see...although Z went to school here last year, he is in a different classroom (much bigger) with a different group of kids (30 up from 15 last year) and a different teacher. So, I can imagine how unnerving that may be for a little guy. Just when you get used to one thing, they go and change it on ya! (hate to tell him that is the story of life...maybe a story for another day). Anyway, because of all this change, the last 3 weeks of school have been a little stressful for Z and he cries when I leave. Heartbreaking.
So this morning, we talked about how I will always come back to get him, he never has to worry that I will leave him somewhere for good. And then the mantra started.
Me: Z, you know that Mommy always comes back to get you right
Z: yea
Me: so you don't have to be sad or scared at school
Z: blank stare
me: why don't you have to be scared or sad?
Z: because
Me: because why? (it's like pulling teeth with him sometimes)
Z: beacuse Mommy always comes back!
Me: exactly
and we chanted that at home, and all the way to school and a beautiful thing happened when the school bell rang. Z said "Mommy always comes back" and with a smile on his face, he walked right into his classroom!
She shoots, she scores!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment